Background and General Description
2ML Consulting Limited is a Management and Leadership firm that offers advisory, capacity building and technical assistance to utilities in the water and energy sectors. Since its inception in 2012, 2ML consulting has developed a niche market, partnering with utilities to develop and implement high impact turn-around Performance Improvement Programs, incorporating critical elements of utility operations and management. 2ML has implemented projects in Rwanda, Nigeria, Sierra Leone, Ghana, Jordan, and South Sudan among other countries.
2ML Consulting has grown from strength to strength, and is now looking to hire an experienced Billing, Commercial and Customer Relations expert to support the company’s process of projects identification, planning and implementation.
The Billing, Commercial and Customer Relations expert will be primarily responsible for supporting assessment of the Commercial situation and perspectives in organisations which include Customer base; Customer care; Billing and Revenue collection and Arrears management. S/he will be responsible for developing strategic business cases, showing targets and time frames for the achievement of those targets.
key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assess enterprise environments with respect to Operating manuals, billing systems, and modes of capturing and collecting revenue; Conduct Commercial & Customer Service Functional Assessment and advise accordingly.
- Offer user support in the clients’ billing systems and other I.T Applications to all end users in the organizations’ Areas, Zones and/or Branches.
- Support client organisations to ensure database integrity and security through enforcement of controls, passwords and backup of the database in conformity with existing data policy, and in case such policy is unavailable, assist in its development
- Advise on all aspects of the billing process and accounts maintenance for client Organisations
- Analyze payment mechanisms and channels for client organisations and recommend improvements to streamline processes and make it more convenient for customers to pay their bills and for client to be able to track and process those payments
- Plan, coordinate and review the work plan for assigned projects and responsibilities.
- Research and recommend improvements in billing technologies and customer service response.
- Provide technical assistance on all projects in the area of utility billing and customer services and keep current on new technologies.
- Prepare statistical and/or analytical reports on clients’ operations as necessary.
- Undertake necessary capacity building for client organizations’ staff by providing transferable skills related to utility management especially in financial and commercial management and tariff setting.
- Advising clients on how to ensure the integrity of billing and meter reading systems and processes, including maintaining accurate billing, payment and customer accounting records.
- Develop Commercial Management Plans and Customer Service Improvement Plans for clients’ organisations.
- Develop performance improvement plans for the respective utilities and monitor implementation of the developed PIPs against set milestones.
- Ensure that Billing and Commercial aspects on all projects from the proposal writing to implementation are executed.
- The expert will be responsible for generating progress and completion reports both for internal consumption and external reporting.
- Participate in project development related activities including but not limited to identifying projects, Expressions of Interest and project proposal writing from time to time.
- Participate in the development of work plans, budgets, activity schedules and other relevant documentation in a timely manner, for proper planning and execution of projects.
- Participate in completing delegated projects’ activities to ensure that the clients’ needs are met while saving costs but not compromising quality.
- Provide Quality Assurance on all Billing and Commercial management aspects for running projects.
- Work closely with other consultants contracted, to improve technical and operational performance.
- Liaise with the client to keep them informed of progress and to make relevant decisions
- Undertake any other duties as assigned from time to time by the Deputy CEO.
- Minimum of Second Class Upper degree from an accredited University or Institution in Computer Science, Information Technology, Business Computing, Statistics, Business Statistics or other related field (Master’s degree preferred).
- Minimum of Five (5) years of experience in customer service operations of a utility which includes two (2) years of supervisory experience.
- Experience in a public utility/agency in a customer service role is a plus. Meter reading exposure is desirable.
- Should have knowledge of Principles, practices, techniques and skills applicable to the management of customer service, marketing, account management and activities to promote and develop the efficient usage of energy and/or water.
- Proficient in an enterprise accounting/utility billing system; Advanced knowledge of computer and applicable financial, statistical and billing software.
- Strong Microsoft Office skills, particularly MS Access proficiency.
- Experiences in M&E, performance based contracting of staff, incentive scheme development, target agreements, organizational change management and design & implementation of performance improvement programs.
Skills and Competencies:
- Ability to multi-task in a high-paced environment and deliver results effectively, taking personal responsibility to meet deadlines and quality standards
- Possession of strong systems, analysis, and report writing skills
- Understand and work effectively with utility billing software systems
- Ability to operate specialized equipment related to assignments such as meter reading devices
- Excellent training and motivational skills
- High motivation, self-drive and initiative, a positive attitude, and ability to work harmoniously in diverse and multi-cultural teams
- Willingness to travel regularly and work flexible hours as required
- Project management experience
- Multi-skilled, dynamic, high energy and requires minimum supervision
All qualifying candidates are strongly encouraged to send their applications enclosing a cover letter, copies of academic qualifications, certificates and testimonials along with their Curriculum Vitae indicating contact postal address, daytime contact telephone and e-mail and giving three (3) referees to: email@example.com
Or deliver your application to;
THE FINANCE AND ADMINISTRATION MANAGER
2ML CONSULTING LIMITED,
PLOT 32 LUMUMBA AVENUE,
PADRE PIO BUILDING LEVEL 5,
P.O BOX 31456,
KAMPALA – UGANDA.
NB: To be considered, your application must be received by close of business on 19th February 2018 by 5 pm.