Background and General Description
2ML Consulting Limited is a Management and Leadership firm that offers advisory, capacity building and technical assistance to utilities in the water and energy sectors. Since its inception in 2012, 2ML consulting has developed a niche market, partnering with utilities to develop and implement high impact turn-around Performance Improvement Programs, incorporating critical elements of utility operations and management. 2ML has implemented projects in Rwanda, Nigeria, Sierra Leone, Ghana, Jordan, and South Sudan among other countries.
2ML consulting has grown from strength to strength, and is now looking to hire an experienced Financial Analyst to support the company’s process of projects identification, planning and implementation.
The Financial Analyst will be primarily responsible for supporting sound financial management and reporting systems, as well as building financial management capacity across all projects implemented by 2ML. The incumbent will ensure accurate, effective and timely provision of financial and budget management data to client organizations’ management.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide support and best practice to clients’ organisations in the Financial management functions
- Carrying out Economic & Financial analysis of clients’ organisations, interview/ engage the clients’ employees, management team and other stakeholders
- Develop Financial (Revenue) Management Manuals and Policies for clients’ organisations
- Review of the financial sustainability of service provision with a focus on the different types of tariff structures, and the factors that impinge on the cost of service delivery within an Organisation
- Develop Strategic financial management plans, design Capital improvement plans and Business Plans
- Design Key Performance Indicators, targets, milestones and cost recovery objectives as well as resource mobilization
- Develop Logical frameworks as well as Incentive Plans and formulae for clients
- Conduct trainings in Financial management for clients’ staff i.e. budgeting, cost allocation frameworks, revenue & cash flow management
- Ensure that financial management aspects on all projects from the proposal writing to implementation are executed
- The Financial Analyst will be responsible for generating required financial reports both for internal consumption and external reporting. This will include:
- Take lead in the preparation of quarterly (and any ad-hoc) financial reports to 2ML and her clients as and when required
- Prepare monthly financial reports to management and project managers – these include budget variance analysis reports, burn rates, projections, etc.
- Provide information to management by assembling and summarizing data; preparing reports; making presentations of findings, analyzes, and recommendations
- Compile and prepare monthly project progress reports, weekly project briefs and cost tracking reports
- Participate in project related activities including but not limited to identifying projects, Expressions of Interest, project proposal writing and delivering presentations from time to time
- Participate in the development of work plans, budgets, activity schedules and other relevant documentation in a timely manner, for proper planning and execution of projects
- Participate in completing delegated projects’ activities to ensure that the clients’ needs are met while saving costs but not compromising quality
- Collaborate with the Finance & Administration manager on the standardization of financial management tools and reporting systems and the enhancement of financial management capacity and skills within 2ML and across projects
- Provide Quality Assurance on all Financial management aspects of running projects
- Work closely with other consultants contracted, to improve technical and operational performance
- Liaise with the client to keep them informed of progress and to make relevant decisions
- Undertake any other duties as assigned from time to time by the Deputy CEO.
- Minimum of Second Class Upper degree from an accredited University or Institution in Financial Management or Business Administration (Master’s degree preferred)
- Professional qualification: Certified Public Accountants (CPA), Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA) or equivalent
- At least five years’ work experience (minimum) as Financial Analyst preferably with a water or energy Utility
- Excellent financial management and analytical skills
- High computer literacy desired, including: Proficient with QuickBooks accounting system; Excellent Microsoft Excel skills, including use of pivot tables and macros; and Strong Management Information Systems skills
Skills and Competencies:
- Ability to multi-task in a high-paced environment and deliver results effectively, taking personal responsibility to meet deadlines and quality standards
- Ability to clearly communicate financial information to non-financial colleagues and clients
- Excellent interpersonal, and written communication skills, particularly as related to report development
- Excellent presentation skills in English are required
- High motivation, self-drive and initiative, a positive attitude, and ability to work harmoniously in diverse and multi-cultural teams
- Willingness to travel regularly and work flexible hours as required
- Project management experience
- Multi-skilled, dynamic, high energy and requires minimum supervision
Application: All qualifying candidates are strongly encouraged to send their applications enclosing a cover letter, copies of academic qualifications, certificates and testimonials along with their Curriculum Vitae indicating contact postal address, daytime contact telephone and e-mail and giving three (3) referees to: email@example.com
Or deliver your application to;
THE FINANCE AND ADMINISTRATION MANAGER
2ML CONSULTING LIMITED,
PLOT 32 LUMUMBA AVENUE,
PADRE PIO BUILDING LEVEL 5,
P.O BOX 31456,
KAMPALA – UGANDA.
NB: To be considered, your application must be received by close of business on 19th February 2018 by 5 pm.